Over the past few decades, dentistry has expanded to include several specialties to enhance patients' oral health and wellness. Many patients wonder what the difference is between a regular (general) dentist and a cosmetic dentist. Though both dentists are trained to care for your oral health needs, the two have different focuses regarding your smile. A general dentist can treat the needs of everyone in your family, whereas a cosmetic dentist primarily focuses on your smile’s aesthetics.
Platte Canyon Dental provides patients personalized and comprehensive dental care, including general and cosmetic dentistry.
General Dentistry Services
General dentistry addresses overall oral health concerns, like oral hygiene, dental pain, disease prevention, and restorative care. Some services include tooth extractions, root canals, cavity fillings, dental crowns, and dental bridges.
How Can Cosmetic Dentistry Enhance My Smile?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on addressing the aesthetics of your smile, such as the size, shape, structure, shade, and symmetry of your teeth.
Your Littleton cosmetic dentist can repair discolored, broken, misshapen, stained, worn, or gapped teeth using leading-edge technologies and methods. With cosmetic dentistry in Littleton, CO, you can attain the white, bright, and beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
Cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Professional teeth whitening – to remove stains and brighten dull teeth
- Dental veneers – to conceal cracks, chips, discoloration, mild misalignments, or minor gaps
- Dental bonding – to repair broken, cracked, misshapen, or chipped teeth
- Dental bridges – to restore your bite and replace missing teeth
- Dental crowns – to preserve a natural tooth’s shape, strength, function, and overall appearance
- Inlays and onlays – to repair and protect chipped, broke, or decayed teeth
- Dental implants – to permanently replace missing teeth and restore oral function
Your cosmetic dentist will ensure your new smile looks, feels, and functions naturally so you can enjoy the glow of a radiant and healthy grin.
Contact Your Cosmetic Dentist in Littleton
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your smile, your cosmetic dentist at Platte Canyon Dental can help you. We will create a treatment plan that meets your goals and exceeds your expectations. Your dream smile is possible! Please get in touch with our Littleton dental office today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Christina Linn.